Sunday, March 10, 2013

The Final Project Week

Hello dear bloggers,

I am happy to reach this week of our training in that I have learnt a lot since the beginning and still doing so from what is available on the course platform and also from our nicenet discussion thread. Courtney and our course mates always bring relevant resources to read about, reflect on and post our opinions.
This week 9 consisted in going further about learner autonomy by discussing how to take into account every learner's personal learning style in our teaching profession. Our weekly debates began with Howard Gardner work on Multiple Intelligence provided by Courtney before our mate Krishna from Nepal first post which also clarified the issue of MI and our approach to EFL/ESL teaching to many point of views.
We implemented our own MI evaluation and it showed me the scope of  efforts expected from us teachers to carry out a more successful work.
In addition to the final project the good thing that really got me happy about myself is the new tools I realized on http://www.crosswordpuzzlegames.com/create.html , http://www.easytestmaker.com/default.aspx, http://www.toolsforeducators.com/ and the wall wisher. Now it feels like I have always worked with these tools and I wish to transmit the same motivation in using them to my students.
Now talking about the greatest thing, the final project, I am happy I completed it and hope it will be useful to other beneficiaries of the coming ATDOP web skill training. I will always be grateful to those who contributed to my registration and my training in this course. Me and all the students I will teach after this course will be tributary to Courtney and the University of Oregon for I am no more the same teacher thanks to them.
Another great thing is the socialization between mates on the discussion thread, I like reading the mutual encouraging and support in one another post. All the participants are good in manners and also in skills, this is why I am happy and proud to be part of the group.

Gratefully,
Mariam


2 comments:

  1. Hi Mariam,

    It is such a joy to read your weekly reflection! I'm so happy about the great sense of accomplishment that you feel having completed your final project and to hear that you are not the same teacher as you were before. To have made such a positive impact on your teaching, gives me much pleasure.

    I wish you all the best in your future endeavors!

    Courtney

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Coutney,

    Thank you so much, I could not have better instructor than you. You completed your duty 100 percent well with me.

    Gratefully,
    Mariam

    ReplyDelete