Saturday, February 16, 2013

WEEK 6 WORK

Hello dear co-bloggers,

It's so amazing that we are already done with 6 whole weeks, the good thing about it is that we used the time constructively. I seldom learn lot of skills in  little length of time like I do in this training.
We are adding more and more knowledge with the massive links we take from one another post and put on our delicious pages, and articles  and resources of the week program. This is a must if we want to optimize our competences and be more effective as today's EFL instructors. The only thing I regret is that I don't have enough time to go through carefully all the posts on nicenet and links on the platform for I know I am losing something whenever I don't do that.
This week I learnt about engaging students in large classes management with "using technology(webquest,PBL, CALL...) in teaching large classes"  especially with Donna Shaw and Rick Finnan work.
In fact,the use of online assessment tools with the opportunities offered on blackboard make me dream of easier times in managing my grading work. We definitely need machine help somehow because the application of the new teaching methods brings along more assessments and feedback to provide.
I liked Haidar and Tahsina opening the Week 6 discussion on nicenet with very engaging and concerned tone about the issue of large classes management.
I am getting familiar with names like Courtney, Nataliia, Izela, Hulya, Tahsina, Sharmila, Alina, Mukti, Haidar,Bobby as if I meet them in real time.Nataliia is so careful and cautious, she seems to be the most respectful of the instruction about our posts,she is not too long, too lecture like in her style; she drew our attention Izela and I about the quality of our webquest documents we did not finished properly. Izela is a champion good reader and brilliant thinker. Tahsina always brings relevant observations on my work.
I designed a second  a Power Point document about teaching and learning Argumentation and Persuasion ( a post reading activity), the first one I did was my Education Science Master Degree defense document.
As for my final project work, I continue to think and explore the potential technologies that are more suitable for my third year business class(nicenet discussion thread, skype, dropbox, webquest, rubric, PPT, prezi so on and so forth). After sharing Nataliia's project document, I am more relaxed, I now know I can make it easier than I believed.

Look forward to sharing more findings.

Warmest Regards,
Mariam

4 comments:

  1. Dear Mariam,

    You are a very good psychologist, as I see. How did you manage to understand everybody of our team so well?

    Thank you very much, dear Mriam, as you are the most kind-hearted, considerate and attentive in our group. Every time you try to tell us something useful, deep and at the same time warm and kind.

    I am very glad to work with you in a team.
    It's just a great pity for me that you can't put your students into the project with my class. I tell them about our team and Webskills course and they are ego to communicate with students from other countries.

    Thank you for our collaboration, Nataliia.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Mariam and Natalia,
      It was so good reading your posts. Mariam, you have mentioned some of our friends in this course and their contributions to the course. Yes, I agree with Natalia that you are a psychologist. You have tried to understand the attitudes and teaching styles of your colleagues. This is one great example that shows how even an on line course can develop incantations and rapport among its participants. Mariam, you have mentioned a number of technological recourse to use in your final project. I hope you will be able adapt them successfully to develop your project and share with us. This is how we learn from each other, looking at the limitation and strengths of us and talking about ways to overcome them. This is beauty of being in n online course like this.

      Natalia, you yourself have been a great resource for my and many of my fellow participants in this course. It appears that you have a great understanding and experience of working with technology based resources. That is why whenever I face difficulties or feel inadequate with my own ideas, I readily try to take a look at your posts and see what you think and do. This is again one example of how we the learners can learn from each other. I am eager to learn from your project and if possible try to incorporate some of your ideas to my lesson plans. Thanks for being here with us and I appreciate your helping attitude.

      Delete
  2. Mariam,

    What careful thought and consideration about others' strengths you put into this post. It is wonderful to know that someone, besides myself, is recognizing the qualities that you each bring to the course and our online discussions.

    Don't fret that you don't have time to read all the materials and posts on nicenet right now. You will have access to these materials as long as the world wide web exists, and I don't see it going anywhere anytime soon.

    Thank you for a delightful weekly reflection! It was truly a pleasure to read.

    All the best!
    Courtney

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Mariam,

    Thanks for mentioning me in your post. You are right when you describe the feeling of having met us as if in real life. I have noticed how I mention my online course mates to my real life friends or colleagues... as if I know you all in person! This indeed is an experience and memory to cherish.

    Take care!
    Tahsina

    ReplyDelete